Brief History of Pwo Karen Theological Seminary

This seminary was started in 1897 as "The Karen Woman's Bible School" by Mrs. Mary Brayton Rose, the only daughter of an American Baptist Missionary to the Pwo Karen, Rev. D. L. Brayton. She intended to educate Karen women with theological knowledge, because at that time, there was no seminary which was admitted for the Karen women in Myanmar.

In 1935 the school was handed down to the Pwo Karen Baptist Conference and renamed "The Pwo Karen Bible Training School" and both Karen male and female students were admitted. Then in 1964, the school was upgraded and known as "Pwo Karen Theological Seminary."

P.K.T.S Mission Statement